Designated Europe’s 2016 Green Capital, Slovenia is ideal for anyone looking for an off-the-beaten-path Europe. From seaside towns to vineyards, caves, and mountain lakes, the itinerary experts at Eurobound recommend these five top areas.
- Ljubljana is known for its pedestrian city center and its many green areas. Set along the Ljubljanica River, Slovenia’s capital is graced with open plazas, outdoor cafes, and an energetic, youthful spirit.
- Piran, is a gracious seaside town on the Mediterranean. The famous Baroque composer and violinist, Guiseppe Tartini, was born steps away from the main square.
- Otocec Castle is the only Slovenian castle set on an islet. The Relais et Chateaux castle hotel is bisected by the Krka River and is near the famous Karst Caves.
- Goriska Brda Wine Region is tucked into Western Slovenia. Small villages, ancient churches, hillside vineyards and fruit orchards dot the countryside.
- Lake Bled in the Julian Alps, may be Slovenia’s best-known resort. Among sites are the Church of the Assumption, set on an island in the middle of the lake, and the 11th century medieval castle.
Eurobound’s new Slovenia Hidden Gems itinerary features three nights in Ljubliana, two nights each in Portoroz on the Mediterranean coast, and at Otocec Castle Hotel, and one night in a converted castle in the Brda wine region is also home for one night.
Highlights include a day trip to Lake Bled and Bohinj in the Alps, a private Karst Cave tour, a visit to the Soline Salt Pans, and boat rides on Lake Bled and on the Ljubljanica River. Nightly gourmet dinners, private tours, two wine tastings and a cheese tasting are among other included experiences.
Land prices for the deluxe package begin at $5,575 per person, and include accommodations, private touring, 8 dinners, boat rides, and private transfer from Ljubljana to Portoroz upon arrival. Itineraries are customizable, and guaranteed in U.S. dollars.
For details on “Slovenia Hidden Gem,” visit http://bit.ly/sloveniagems
Now celebrating its 20th year, Eurobound provides distinctive packages and itineraries for independent travelers and small groups, sold exclusively through travel agents. Specializing in personalized travel to Europe, Eurobound is a winner of the French Affairs Award for Best Niche Tour Operator, 2015.
For more information, contact Eurobound at 888-672-7476, or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Further details are available on Eurobound’s web site: Eurobound.com.